Can you imagine torturing any animal in the pursuit of scientific knowledge? We can’t. And we were even more horrified to learn that labs in universities and other research facilities are filled with beagles because they’re the most forgiving, people-pleasing dogs around. Talk about exploiting the good nature of an innocent creature!
We at Hearts find animal testing of any type a deplorable practice, which is why all of our products are cruelty-free. We never use materials or processes that would harm innocent animals. It’s one of our core principles!
When the owner of Hearts heard of the Beagle Freedom Project, his first response was, “We have to help them!” One way we can do that it to talk about their story far and wide. Their mission: to (legally) free beagles from labs and find loving forever homes for them. What an amazing cause!
They need your help for their work and are appealing to mindful consumers like you to take in one of these lovable animals or support their work financially. We hope you can get involved.
Quick Guide to Why Animal Testing is Ineffective and Unnecessary
- Ineffective for human purposes: The US Food and Drug Administration tells us that 92 out of 100 drugs that pass tests using animals fail when used in humans.
- Non animal-based research methods are available: Smart scientists have developed modern, effective methods for doing tests, such as microdosing in humans, human-patient stimulators, and sophisticated computer models, all of which are cheaper, faster, and more accurate than testing on animals.
- Wastes time: Testing on animals takes too much time, further delaying cures and treatments for people who are waiting for healing. Testing using some of the modern methods mentioned above would save a lot of time.
Green Actions to Ensure You Don’t Support Animal Testing
- Support Beagle Freedom Project: You can foster a beagle, adopt a beagle, donate to the cause, or sponsor a beagle through Beagle Freedom Project.
- Get active against animal cruelty: Peta is an organization that tirelessly works to fight against animal cruelty, including animal testing. They have a Cruelty-Free Shopping Guide and many other resources to make it easier to reduce your impact on animals.
- Choose cruelty-free products: Look for ethical fashion, cosmetics, cleaning products, and pharmaceuticals that are cruelty-free to do your part to prevent cruel animal testing practices.